Friday, July 8, 2011

The Proposal!

After months of bugging Geoffrey to "PLEASE engage me," I had finally decided that I would try to cool it so he wouldn't become completely sick of me and give up all together ;)

On Engagement Eve (as I'm calling it), I had plans to get a manicure/pedicure with my sweet friend Holly. As soon as we sat down in the chairs I started talking about how Geoffrey had planned for us to go to College Station and how I was sure he was going to propose - if not that weekend then SOON. Holly of course humored me for a while and we talked about how all the signs were there and wouldn't it be SO exciting if it happened!

Then she got real with me. Holly's boyfriend Wes & Geoffrey meet weekly to go to the driving range or to play golf. She went on to tell me that Geoffrey had told Wes the jeweler was taking so much longer than expected and that yes, he had bought a ring but didn't even know when he would ever see it. I was happy that she had told me, even if it was a little diappointing... but hey! Boyfriend had a ring! Holly spent the rest of the evening trying to help me feel better and to see the big picture:

Geoffrey had a ring. He was going to propose. He wanted to propose. But it wasn't going to be anytime soon... "so don't get your hopes up."

I went home that night completely believing that it would be months until Geoffrey proposed because there were issues with the jeweler he was working with. I just love Holly :)

Engagement Day:
Geoffrey and I left for College Station around 9am so that I could have lunch with my old roomies Daniela & Tracy. Geoffrey dropped me off at my old apartment to meet my friends and said he was going to call some of his friends to see if they wanted to meet up. My thoughts - "Why wouldn't you already have a plan? You are sooo unorganized! He is going to end up driving all over College Station because his friends are going to be busy - he should have called them earlier!"

Tracy, Daniela and I went to lunch at Blue Baker - my fave! We didn't really have a plan for the rest of the day, so Tracy suggested we go take roomie pictures at a park - I would never say no to roomie pics, so that became the plan! In the middle of our lunch, I spilled ORANGE tomato basil soup all over the front of my shirt. ALL. OVER. I was for sure not taking pictures with a stain on my shirt, so you can bet we were going to make a trip to Old Navy to pick up a new shirt. More than likely, the exact same shirt I had on. Tracy agreed that she could always do some shopping, so after lunch we went shopping and made our way to the park.

We got to the park and drove around a while trying to decide where we would take pictures. Tracy spotted the gazebo and thought we could get someone by the lake to take a group picture of us. We walked up and suddenly got really shy. Tracy started acting really excited about taking pictures and Daniela couldn't stop asking. Well I wasn't going to be the one to ask someone to take a picture so I suggested we could just put the camera on the gazebo and hit a self timer - agreed.


Hi - do you see the balloons in the background? I'm an idiot. I even commented that we were probably interrupting someone's birthday spot once I saw the balloons. Since I wasn't being observant, Daniela finally busted out with "Ok, we have a clue for you..." THAT's when I knew! I rushed to the table and found a blue folder and "Clue #1" - inside the blue folder was a "Best Day Itinerary." Have you seen No Strings Attached? Well, I LOVED when Ashton Kutcher's character had created an itinerary for their date... I beeegged Geoffrey to plan a date like that. This was perfect! Each clue led me around the park to a different clue...

 Clue #1 - Begin at the place where we once caught a fish,
If you guess right, you might get your wish!
Clue #2 - This is sure to brighten your day,
Find the place where children swing and play 
Each clue had a little puzzle piece in it - they seemed so weird! 
Clue #3 - It's no Cynthia Woods,
But it's one step closer to getting the goods. 
A shot of my cute little itinerary!
I had to complete the puzzle before the last clue...

Clue #4 - Now that you've complete this ring,
Come find me and I'll give you the real thing.
 AH!
LOVE!
ENGAGED!

I am so lucky to have such an amazing fiance and such awesome friends!
PROOF: Holly did a great job of convincing me it was never going to happen! Tracy & Daniela were awesome photographers/friends who didn't let me look stupid walking around the park looking for clues by myself. Natalie had helped Geoffrey for WEEKS to help make cards, devise a proposal plans, and even made her own suggestions that apparently Geoffrey totally rejected! She was also there with her fancy camera because she & Geoffrey knew how much I would love having pictures of everything!

Geoffrey... is perfect for me. He handles all of my crazy and all of my silly and STILL wants to marry me! He was so thoughtful and organized, I was really impressed! It meant a lot to me that he brought me to College Station instead of just choosing somewhere random. Yes, we're from Houston... but we became a couple in college and I think College Station will always be really special to me for that reason!

I can't wait to be Mrs. Geoffrey Pavlicek!

No comments:

Post a Comment